Skip to content


February 20, 2018

Another project started……. A few of my ANG guild members have formed a group to stitch the 5 part Metalforms project from the ANG magazines. BUT we are thinking outside the box. Does that surprise anyone? The original design is done in a monochromatic colorway. At least two of us are choosing colors not monochromatic. Also there are mostly metallic threads in the original. I am using a lot of matallic but not as much as the original thread supply list called for.

The group met yesterday at The West, our local needlepoint shop and spent a couple hours playing with threads.

I searched the end cut canvas bin and found a bright pink….. yes pink canvas. My colorway is to be based on desert sunset colors. If you have ever seen an Arizona sunset you will know that the colors are unbelievable.

Here is where I am starting from:

I just had to start on the border. I am using Frye Works Soft Sheen with a Flair filling. It took me a while to get the rhythm of the pattern. As suggested I am working the middle of a row and not starting with a corner. The blue border represents the sky……and here I go. This is a large project. The canvas is 16″ X 18″ making the design area approximately 14″ X 16″. I do not have permission to publish a copy of the complete design so if you do not have the magazines you will just have to watch the design evolve.


Finding A Finish

February 13, 2018

I am sure that I am not the only one who has several projects going at one time. I have several easy stitching projects going at one time…….and then I see another one I want to stitch and start it 😜😜. A few days ago I decided it was time to sort through my piles of stuff to see what I had forgotten about. At the bottom of my stitching bag I found this eyeglass case that was 99% complete. So while watching Olympic Curling 🥌 I finished it 🎉🎉🎉. Yes, I am one of the few who love to watch curling. My DH says it’s like watching grass grow…..consequently I spend time in my studio stitching.

The Stitch and Zip kit is all tent stitch. Fun to have one on hand to take on the road.

Heart 💜 of Our Art

February 10, 2018

You may remember this heart from the Summer Challenge that I designed for my ANG chapter last May. I just got it back from the framers and I am so happy with the finished product. My local framer, We Frame It in Sierra Vista, AZ is awesome. I am so fortunate to have such excellence in a small town.

I am going to enter this in the ANG exhibit at seminar this August. It is my original design and I am so pleased with the whole project.

More Progress

January 29, 2018

I am making progress on the Sundance design. It is very interesting. I am currently working on the trees. Directions call for working from the edges in….. making a more natural looking trunk. I would like to see the real location that was the inspiration for this piece. It is in Sedona, AZ

The reason that this is moving slowly is I am working on my Mystery Geometric design, part 2 for my ANG guild. I would love to publish it…but not until the second part is taught the end of February. Part 1 was a success and I hope my guild members come to the next meeting with part 1 complete. It is a small 4″ square. Easy size to complete.

So far I have kept my goal of stitching every day in 2018. My bookmark charity project helps me. I pick one up at night when watching TV. Lots going on, that’s why my postings aren’t as frequent.

This and That

January 19, 2018

In keeping with my New Years resolution to stitch every day in 2018….. I am keeping bookmark canvases and threads next to my recliner. Some of you remember that my ANG chapter stitches bookmarks, using stash, and donates then to an adult literacy organization in Tucson. They are also great traveling projects. I grab threads and start stitching…no designing beforehand. Using simple stitches I just cover the canvas. To finish, I usually just cut around the top and sides and ravel the bottom. It a great chance to open a stitch book and try something new. Here are my latest finishes.

Tlaquepaque #1

January 13, 2018

Say what !!! (T-lockey-pockey). Yep, that’s the name of this painted canvas. It is an Indian word meaning “the best of everything” and is/was the name of a shopping center of adobe styled buildings in Sedona, AZ. It is surrounded by wrought iron gates, fountains, archways and is shaded by large sycamore trees which gives the feeling of a Mexican village for which it was named. This is a very old canvas so I am not sure if the shopping center still exists in Sedona. I haven’t been there in years. Below is a photo of the real place that was included in the class material.

You may remember that I picked this up in November at my guilds stash sale…it just called to me and I stitched on it until I took Fire and Ice. Now that I am ready for a big project on my floor frame I have made progress. This will be a fun project. I am looking forward to the trees and flowers. Here is where I am as of this afternoon.

Tish Canvas Almost Done

January 7, 2018

My first start of the year may be my first finish. Her hair and the pot are all I have left to stitch. I did all the design elements on her back in metallic cross stitch with Kreinik #4. It doesn’t show up in the photo. I think the hair will be packed outline stitch. I hope to get a “flowing” effect. I want the pot to pop more….still thinking on that.

Behind the scenes I have designed a Mystery Project for my ANG guild. It will be in two parts to be taught at our January and February meetings. I am currently stitching the first part. You will see the results after our February meeting. Several of the guild members follow this blog so I have to hide things I do not want them to see. 😃😃 Note: the red on the top,of her head is a waste knot🤩🤩