Ebb Tide, The Beginning
This past week has been very frustrating from a stitching point of view. I have started two projects….yes two. There is a reason behind this unusual occurence. One of the projects is an online class that will be ongoing for 6 months. So far I have transferred a line drawing onto congress cloth. You will get more on this as there is more to see.
Then, with class work done, I decided to start a new Laura Perin Design entitled Ebb Tide. I had the ecru canvas and opps! no 14″ stretcher bars and no size that I could adapt 😦 I headed off to Missoula last Monday(an hours drive) and after a couple of hours of driving to find the local Michael’s and JoAnn’s only to discover that there wasn’t any stretcher bars in Missoula. Michael’s has discontinued carrying them as has JoAnn’s. A phone call to Threadneedle Street in Issaquah, WA and my wonderful friend and shop owner, Denise, promised to get the needed stretcher bars in the mail that day. I have always tried to support local needlework shops. I use Threadneedle Street when I am in the northwest and The West in Tucson when I am down south
I played computer games and read a good book until Thursday when my stretcher bars arrived.
Ebb Tide was on display at seminar and conveniently thread packs had been assembled. The photo on the project looks interesting but the stitched model looked stunning !!! To see a photo of the finished piece please visit www.laurajperindesigns.com .
By Thursday night I had the canvas mounted and began to stitch the borders. All was going real well until Saturday night…..anyone of you who have ever done a Laura Perin Design knows that there is always something that is not quite right with the chart. Usual not a big thing, just a stitch or two left out, a thread number missing. It can be solved with a little common sense. Well, I guess I am all out of common sense because one area of the border just has me flustered. I decided I had stitched and restitched the problem area so many times from the stitch guide and the master chart that I needed to put it aside and all would make sense on Sunday. NOT ! After several more tries and much counting I decided to stitch the adjacent area to reassure myself that I had not made a counting mistake. Below shows the problem area at the bottom. It is a padded border and the green stitching on top just doesn’t look right to me and it does not come out as shown on the master chart. The blue stitches verified that the area that I was stitching in was counted correctly. For now I am working on the other areas and trying to decide if I will try the top layer of the problem border section or redesign it….. but at least I am stitching. 🙂