Leaf Collage Continues
I missed my goal of posting once a week. I have been experiencing some problems with my stitching hand so I have cut back on my stitching time. I figured that this must happen sooner or later. It is not bad now and I hope by limiting my stitching (sorta 🙂 ) I will avoid any real serious problems.
I finished Area 3 located in the middle of the bottom. As I mentioned this was a very slow going area but I am happy with the results.
I then went on to the Fifth Frame which is located in the lower right. This is done in a sideways herringbone. The two colors do not show real well because they are close in value. I had to work this from to top to bottom on each row using two needles. Multiple needles and I have a hard time. I just can not get the hang of parking threads. I managed, but again, it was slow going.
The final area is Area 2, a Horizontal Milanese. This is located at the lower right hand corner just below the Fifth Frame. It is worked in three threads. A splendor silk, a threadworx overdye and a kreinik ribbon. I rotated the canvas so I could lay the strands of the silk and overdye. Keeping the ribbon flat was also a requirement.
I have decided to do the background next and save the leaves until last. I quickly discovered that I had not colored the areas enough. The background stitching is very light and the areas of white canvas will definitely show through. I got out my copic markers again and did some touch up. My remaining problem is that some of the white threads of the background are right on the edge next to my stitching. I attempted to get some color on those threads without touching the stitching……not easy and I stopped before I made a big error. I am hoping that it will not be too obvious when I get the background done. The background is a simple reverse skip tent over two threads done with a single strand of Bijoux. It is easy to get established and good for listening to a recorded book. I do have to be careful and make sure that all the rows of diamonds line up from area to area. There are 8 areas of the background so I will be stitching on this for several days.