Skip to content

Arizona Wild Flower 3/28

March 31, 2012

I pressed on with the lower flower on this small painted canvas.  I worked on all the yellow area…read all compensation.  When I completed the flower petals I decided that I did not want to go to the top flower and do MORE compensation so I worked on the lower stems and all the black outline stitches.

The stems are time consumning but the effect is great.  They are padded with long stitches top to bottom. These padding stitches were then couched with horizontal stitches about 1/4 +” apart.  Then the couching thread (single strand of Burmilana) was used to do Smooth Spider stitches in vertical rows until the whole stem was covered, then the black outline stitch. The beads will be done last.

I jumped for joy when I got this far 🙂 I took my Arizona Wild Flower off my floor frame, put it aside and I am now working on my Halloween Treat.  I  have my buttons and I was in the mood to “just stitch”. It won’t take long to finish.

One Comment leave one →
  1. Susan permalink
    April 3, 2012 2:17 pm

    Love these wildflowers, and your canvas came out beautifully. Lovely work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: