Skip to content

Cyclamen Scroll 4/17

April 17, 2011

I spent one whole afternoon on completing the first Cyclamen Flower.  Piercing the canvas…… and making progress.  Betty said we should stitch the flowers in the upright position so we could stitch realistically…….this piece is on 11 X 20 stretcher bars and the location of the first flower is 12″ up from the bottom.  I just could not stretch my arms and see the line drawing well enough to keep the stretchers in the long position.  I turned the piece sideways and did the best I could to achieve a realistic shading…..

Now I think I will work on some more of the mat…using the holes 🙂 There is a lot of baseball on so I should make great progress.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. April 18, 2011 2:32 am

    I like this cyclamen very much. I know what you mean about working on motifs sideways, we do this in traditional Japanese embroidery because of the shape of the frames and it was very odd at first. 6 years on though I’m used to it and now it looks very odd to work on a piece that is not sideways.
    Looking forward to seeing this piece deveop
    jane

  2. Mary Ellen Winnicki permalink
    April 18, 2011 5:37 am

    It looks beautiful…the effect is worth the hours put into the flower.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: