I crossed my first challenge with this project over the weekend. I stitched most of Saturday. I worked on the four green squares shown below. I counted and counted and STILL made a big goof. The pattern looked like the middle two rows were the same, they wern’t. When I got all three (UR, LR, LL) done I realized that the UL was a different stitch. But in working the UL I realized ( and tried to deny it ) that all three other corners were one thread to tall. I did not count the full square, it was suppose to be 18 threads square and I had put one extra stitch in the middle row and had a square that was 18 by 19 !!! I wanted to cry 😦 I looked at the overall pattern and tried to see where I could compensate for my error. NO WAY, so yesterday I spent over 3 hours doing “frog work” It was very fruatrating as I had secured my threads quite well and the metallic had been stitched when the pearl was completed….so of course the threads were all caught with one another. A lot of it had to be cut out (and we worry abouy stitches falling out 🙂 ). This project does not have a master chart that show all the relationships, perhaps this is due to the size. So as much as I follow my own advise errors do occur. I just wonder why I needed such a frustrating lesson in patience.
The photo show the corrected stitching with a couple of rows of the next area making sure that the count came out right. Maybe today I can make some forward progress.