Bargello Sampler Finished
Thursday at 10:15pm I finished my Bargello Sampler.
A recap of this project brings me to the conclusion that all charts should have a picture of the stitched item. I found the colored graphs, which looked great, were easy to use but the fact that there was no overlap between the pages made stitching the area where the pages came together a real challenge. I have never used a graph where the stitches were represented by colored squares. This can only been done on a bargello design where all stitches are vertical just varying in lenght and position. Little red lines were placed to indicate the length of the stitch. Once a pattern was established in the background area the remaining area was left blank.
It was certainly fun to stitch and the bold colors that I chose look OK. In retrospect I would have chosen colors in the pinks that were all in the same color family. I don’t particularly like the purples that I introduced to have enough values. There is so many colors maybe it would have been less busy with the pinks all in value changes.
I am getting my next project all framed up and it will be very colorful. I guess I am in the mood for bright projects…….more soon.